Syed Ali Raza Zaidi is a University Academic Fellow (Assistant Professor) at the University of Leeds in the area of wireless communication & sensing systems. From 2013-2015, he was associated with the SPCOM research group working on the United States Army Research Lab funded project in the area of Network Science. From 2011-2013, he was associated with the International University of Rabat working as a Lecturer. He was also a visiting research scientist at Qatar Innovations and Mobility Centre from October-December 2013 working on QNRF funded project QSON. He received his Doctoral Degree at the School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Leeds and was awarded the G. W. and F. W. Carter Prize for best thesis and best research paper. He has published more than 100 papers in leading IEEE conferences and journals. From 2014-2015, he served as an editor for IEEE Communication Letters. He was also lead guest editor for IET Signal Processing Journal’s Special Issue on Signal Processing for Large Scale 5G Wireless Networks. Currently, he is an Associate Technical Editor for IEEE Communication Magazine. Dr. Zaidi is EURASIP Local Liaison for United Kingdom and also General Secretary for IEEE Technical Subcommittee on Backhaul and Fronthaul networks. He is also an active member of EPSRC Peer Review College. His research interests are in the area of design and implementation large scale ad-hoc wireless communication networks for robotics.
- Aldalahmeh, S. O. Al-Jazzar, D. C. McLernon, S. A. R. Zaidi and M. Ghogho, Fusion Rules for Distributed Detection in Clustered Wireless Sensor Networks with Imperfect channels, in IEEE Transactions on Signal and Information Processing over Networks.
- Bonilla Licea, M. Ghogho, D. McLernon and S. A. R. Zaidi, Mobility Diversity-Assisted Wireless Communication for Mobile Robots, in IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 214-229, Feb. 2016.
- Bonilla Licea, S. A. Raza Zaidi, D. McLernon and M. Ghogho, Improving Radio Energy Harvesting in Robots Using Mobility Diversity, in IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 2065-2077, April15, 2016.
- El Hammouti, H, Ghogho, M and Zaidi, SAR A Machine Learning Approach to Predicting Coverage in Random Wireless Networks in IEEE Global Communications Conference, 09-13 Dec 2018, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirate.
- B. Licea, D. McLernon, M. Ghogho, E. Nurellari and S. A. Raza Zaidi, Robotic Mobility Diversity Algorithm with Continuous Search Space, 2018 26th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), Rome, 2018, pp. 702-706.