Robert is the PI and Director of the Leeds EPSRC National Facility for Innovative Robotic Systems (EP/J021156). He co-directs Robots for Streetworks (EPSRC Grand Challenge Grant EP/N010523) and is the robotics lead for the UKCRIC Centre for Infrastructure Materials Performance at Leeds (EP/P017169)[A video of some of our robots]. He explored the ‘air shafts’ of Great Pyramid of Giza (Egypt) using his unique robotic technology.
- Briefing: UK-RAS White Paper in Robotic and Autonomous Systems for Resilient Infrastructure. Fuentes R, Chapman T., Cook M., Scanlan J, Li Z, Richardson R.C. Smart Infrastructure and Construction. ICE Proceedings. Sept 2017
- Mills G, Richardson R, Jackson A. Advances in the Inspection of Unpiggable Pipelines. Robotics, 6, 36, 1-13, 2017. DOI:10.3390/robotics6040036
- Tether management technique for mobile robots. Nagendran A, Kumar V, Dehghani A, Richardson R. Robotica 34(3):527-548 Mar 2016.
- Richardson, R., Whitehead, S., Ng, T., Hawass, Z., Pickering, A., Rhodes, S., Grieve, R., Hildred, A., Nagendran, A., Liu, J., Mayfield, W., Tayoubi, M. and Breitner, R. (2013), The “Djedi” Robot Exploration of the Southern Shaft of the Queen’s Chamber in the Great Pyramid of Giza, Egypt. J. Field Robotics, 30: 323–348. doi: 10.1002/rob.21451
- Bekhit A, Dehghani A, Richardson R. Kinematic Analysis and Locomotion Strategy of active Pipe Inspection Robot Concept for Operation in Active Pipelines. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics. 1, 1, 15-27, 2012.