Rob is a Research Associate working in the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering at the University of Sheffield. He has worked alongside Pipebots since 2019 while pursuing a PhD degree, developing localization methods for robots in buried pipe networks, for both small and large scale localization, incorporating novel acoustic sensing. His work now continues this development, applying these localization methods to the Pipebots robot system.
- Worley R, Ma K, Sailor G, Schirru M.M, Dwyer-Joyce R, Boxall J, Dodd T, Collins R, Anderson S, (2020). Robot Localization in Water Pipes Using Acoustic Signals and Pose Graph Optimization. Sensors 2020, 20, 5584, https://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/20/19/5584
- R. Worley and S. Anderson, “Robot Localization in a Pipe Network using a Particle Filter with Error Detection and Recovery in a Hybrid Metric-Topological Space,” 2021 IEEE International Conference on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI), 2021, pp. 1-8, doi: 10.1109/MFI52462.2021.9591168.
- Worley, R and Anderson, Sean (2021). Robust Efficient Localization of Robots in Pipe Networks using a Particle Filter for Hybrid Metric-Topological Space. DOI: 10.1109/ECMR50962.2021.9568829
- Worley R and Anderson S. (2020). Topological Robot Localization in a Large-Scale Water Pipe Network. Conference, TAROS (Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems) DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-63486-5_11
- Worley R, Yu Y, and Anderson S. (2020). Acoustic Echo-Localization for Pipe Inspection Robots. DOI: 10.1109/MFI49285.2020.9235225