Joby is a fellow of CIWEM and leads the EPSRC Water Grand Challenges grant Twenty65 (EP/N010124), CI on NDWIF at Sheffield (EP/R010420) and was PI of EPSRC PWG Platform Grant (EP/I029346). His application of artificial intelligence techniques to leak detection is prize winning (Water Industry Achievement award 2010) and is having substantive commercial impact (Flowsure, Servelec technologies Ltd).
- Speight, V., Mounce, S.R., and Boxall, J.B. (2019) Identification of the Causes of Drinking Water Discoloration from Machine Learning Analysis of Historical Datasets, Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology. DOI: 10.1039/c8ew00733k.
- Fox, S., Collins, R.P., and Boxall, J.B. (2018) Derivation and Validation of a Leakage Model for Longitudinal Slits in Polyethylene Pipes, ASCE Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. 10.1061/(ASCE)HY.1943-7900.0001469.
- Fox, S., Collins, R.P., and Boxall, J.B. (2016) Physical investigation into the significance of ground conditions on dynamic leakage behaviour, IWA Journal of Water Supply: Research and Technology-AQUA. Vol 65 No 2. pp 103-115 DOI: 10.2166/aqua.2015.079.
- Mounce, S.R., Gaffney, J.W., Boult, S, Boxall, J.B. (2015) Automated data-driven approaches to evaluating and interpreting water quality time series data from water distribution systems, ASCE Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management. Vol 141 (11), pp. 1-11. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000533.
- Fox, S., Shepherd, W.J., Collins, R.P. and Boxall J. B. (2015) Experimental quantification of contaminant ingress into a buried leaking pipe during transient events ASCE Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)HY.1943-7900.0001040.