Xudong is a research associate in the Ultrasonics and Non-Destructive Testing (UNDT) research group at the University of Bristol. His expertise is in the improvement of transducer array optimisation for ultrasonic guided wave testing of pipelines. As part of Theme 2, Xudong’s work will focus on the development of new sensor arrays and sensing method to be used for defect detection within a network of buried pipelines.
- Niu, X., Duan, W., Chen, H.P. & Marques, H.R. (2019). Excitation and propagation of torsional T(0,1) mode for guided wave testing of pipeline integrity. Measurement, 131, 3
41-348. https://doi.org/10. 1016/j.measurement.2018.08.021 .
- Niu, X., Marques, H.R. & Chen, H.P. (2018). Sensitivity analysis of circumferential transducer array with T(0,1) mode of pipes. Smart Structures and Systems, 21(6), 761-776. https://doi.org/10.
- Duan, W., Niu, X., Gan, T.H., Kanfoud, J. & Chen, H.P. (2017). A numerical study on the excitation of guided waves in rectangular plates using multiple point sources. Metals, 7(12), 552. https://doi.org/10.3390/
- Niu, X., Tee, K.F. & Marques, H.R. (2019). An analytical model of transducer array arrangement for guided wave excitation and propagation on cylindrical structures. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series,1264(1), 012057, IOP Publishing. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/1264/1/
- Niu, X., Tee, K.F., Chen, H.P. & Marques, H.R. (2018). Excitation and propagation of ultrasonic guided waves in pipes by piezoelectric transducer arrays. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series,1065(22), 222006, IOP Publishing. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/1065/22/