Nutapong Somjit received the Dipl.-Ing. (MSc) degree from Dresden University of Technology in 2005 and the PhD degree from KTH Royal Institute of Technology in 2012. Then, he returned to Dresden to lead a research team in micro-sensors and MEMS ICs for the Chair for Circuit Design and Network Theory. In 2013, he was appointed Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in the School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds. His main research focuses on integrated smart high-frequency components, heterogeneous integration and low-cost microfabrication processes. Dr Somjit was the recipient of the Best Paper Award (EuMIC prize) at the European Microwave Week in 2009. He was awarded a Graduate Fellowship from the IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTT-S) in 2010 and 2011, and the IEEE Doctoral Research Award from the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society in 2012. Since 2013, he has been a member of the International Editorial Board of the International Journal of Applied Science and Technology. He was appointed a member of the Engineering, Physical and Space Science Research Panel of the British Council in 2014. In 2016, he was the Chair of the Student Design Competition for the European Microwave Week and, in 2018, he was appointed an Associate Editor of IET Electronics Letters.
- Chudpooti, N. Duangrit, P. Akkaraekthalin, I. D. Robertson, N. Somjit, 220-320-GHz Hemispherical Lens Antennas Using Digital Light Processed Photopolymers, IEEE Access, vol. 7, Feb. 2019, pp. 12283-12290.
- Duangrit, B. B. Hong, A. D. Burnett, P. Akkaraekthalin, I. D. Robertson, N. Somjit, Terahertz Dielectric Property Characterization of Photopolymers for Additive Manufacturing, IEEE Access, vol. 7, Feb. 2019, pp. 12339-12347.
- E. Obuh, V. O. Doychinov, D. P. Steenson, P. Akkaraekthalin, I. D. Robertson, N. Somjit, Low-Cost Micro-Fabrication for MEMS Switches and Varactors, IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, vol. 8, issue 9, September 2018, pp. 1702-1710.
- Chudpooti, V. O. Doychinov, P. Akkaraekthalin, I. D. Robertson, N. Somjit, Non-Invasive Millimeter-Wave Profiler for Surface Height Measurement of Photoresist Films, IEEE Sensors Journal, vol.18, issue 8, April 2018, pp.3174-3182.
- Silavwe, N. Somjit, I. D. Robertson, A Microfluidic-Integrated SIW Lab-on-Substrate Sensor for Microliter Liquid Characterization, IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 16, no. 21, pp. 7628-7635, Nov. 1st, 2016.