Ian is Professor of Microwave and Millimetre-Wave Circuits (h-index 35, 153 journal papers), Communications theme lead on EP/N010523 and was General Technical Programme Committee Chair for the European Microwave Week in 2011/16.
- Hong et al., Low-Loss Asymptotically Single-Mode THz Bragg Fiber Fabricated by Digital Light Processing Rapid Prototyping, in IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 90-99, Jan. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TTHZ.2017.2778047.
- Chudpooti, E. Silavwe, P. Akkaraekthalin, I. D. Robertson and N. Somjit, Nano-Fluidic Millimeter-Wave Lab-on-a-Waveguide Sensor for Liquid-Mixture Characterization, in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 157-164, 1 Jan.1, 2018. DOI: 10.1109/JSEN.2017.2772348.
- K. Samanta and I. D. Robertson, Surfing the Millimeter-Wave: Multilayer Photoimageable Technology for High Performance SoP Components in Systems at Millimeter-Wave and Beyond, in IEEE Microwave Magazine, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 22-39, Jan. 2016. DOI: 10.1109/MMM.2015.2487898.
- F. Shafique and I. D. Robertson, A Two-Stage Process for Laser Prototyping of Microwave Circuits in LTCC Technology, in IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 723-730, June 2015. DOI: 10.1109/TCPMT.2015.2434273.
- F. Shafique, D. P. Steenson and I. D. Robertson, Fabrication of Microstructures in LTCC Technology Using Selective Laser Ablation, in IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 845-851, June 2015. DOI: 10.1109/TCPMT.2015.2426720.